Baseline Expectations for Trust in Federation
Baseline Expectations Office Hours
Have questions about meeting Baseline Expectations? Are you having issues meeting certain metadata elements? Do you have questions about the December 14 deadline? InCommon is holding a series of open office hours to answer your questions. See the dates and details on the wiki.
The InCommon community has adopted the Baseline Expectations for Trust in Federation to improve interoperability. Led by the InCommon Community Trust and Assurance Board, the community determined that a set of common expectations that all participants meet will:
- provide a baseline for trust
- make collaboration more predictable
- ensure that the InCommon Federation’s strategic value to research and education continues to grow
The Baseline Expectations for Trust in Federation are comprised of three brief sets of statements for: Identity Provider Operators (IdP), Service Provider Operators (SP), and the Federation Operator.
The community has also developed processes for reaching consensus and resolving displutes. Details are available on the wiki for these processes:
- Community Consensus Process
- Dispute Resolution Process
- Process for Altering or Removing entities from metadata
- Reinstatement process