June 16 – 18, 2020
midPoint Basics Workshop
Welcome to our virtual class! We will be meeting on Tuesday, June 16 through Thursday June 18th from 9:00 am EST – 5:00 pm EST. There’s a chance class could end earlier, depending on the volume and depth of questions.
Daily Class Schedule
Break times are approximate and up for discussion. All times are in EST.
|9:00 – 9:15||Introduction|
|9:15 – 10:15||Workshop|
|10:15 – 10:30||Break|
|10:30 – 12:00||Workshop|
|12:00 – 1:00||Lunch|
|1:00 – 2:15||Workshop|
|2:15 – 2:30||Break|
|2:30 – 3:45||Workshop|
|3:45 – 4:00||Break|
|4:00 – 5:00||Wrap Up|
Session information & Best Practices
- We will be taking short breaks throughout the day and a longer lunch break around 12:00 ET.
- To keep things flowing well, please refrain from using the Zoom chat window. Instead, use the dedicated Slack channel for your discussions!
- VMs will be opened up several days before the class. They will remain open for two weeks after the class (until July 3) so that you can practice the lab exercises.
- Ask ALL of your questions. There are no dumb questions.
- Connect to your AWS instance from your computer
- Locate your machine’s IP address and password here.
- Follow instructions in the Prerequisites documentation.
- Install the Zoom app if you do not already have it – it is nice if you have a camera available that you can turn on from time to time so we can all put names to faces. 🙂
- Install the Slack app if you do not already have it and make sure you are in the midpoint-training-spring2020 channel
- Read the Practical Identity Management with midPoint manual
- Explore the midPoint wiki to learn more about this identity management and access government system.
The training environment will be made available to students via Amazon Web Services (AWS). IP addresses and credentials will be provided several days before the class. Further instructions are available in the pre-requisite guide (from above).
Computer Setup for the Morning of Training
- If you have multiple monitors available, that would be useful but not required
- Might be nice to not use a separate computer for Zoom and exercises, so you can share your screen if needed
- Open the Slack app to the midpoint-training-spring2020 channel
- Open the Zoom app and connect to the Main zoom meeting (pinned from slack channel)
- Please mute yourself and either keep your camera on or be prepared to turn it on while speaking so we can put names to faces
- OTHER STUFF
Other info linked from slack “pin” to keep private
- Slides (only accessed by registered course participants)
- SSH IPs and credentials
- Zoom teleconference coordinates
If you have any questions about the workshop or its technical content, please send a note to Erin at email@example.com .
You can also use the dedicated Slack channel for an even faster response.