Software: Collaborative organization management provided in a secure framework
Most academic and research success stories involve a considerable amount of collaboration. COmanage helps you streamline and manage your identity-oriented requirements so your faculty can concentrate on research, your students can concentrate on learning, and your staff can concentrate on getting things done.
COmanage is a flexible component of the InCommon Trusted Access Platform architecture that can be used to support research virtual organizations, as a guest user management system, or as a campus registry (instead of or alongside midPoint).
The COmanage Project offers two components to meet your identity management needs.
- COmanage Registry leverages federated identity management services and enables authentication and authorization in a single, efficient flexible system. This system automatically creates the accounts and access controls for tools such as wikis, calendars, conferencing tools, and other domain applications.
- COmanage Match performs identity de-duplication in order to help minimize the creation of duplicate accounts for the same individual.
COmanage can be configured to provide a standalone user registry for guest and partner access to institutional resources in order to separate the management of external and institutional identities.
- Integrates identity requirements with provisioning (and de-provisioning) your organization’s collaboration tools.
- Handles the identity management components — the group membership that ties together mailing lists, the authentication, the attributes that handle authorization — behind-the-scenes, so collaborators can focus on what they do best, advancing scholarship and research in their field of expertise.
- Provides an easy-to-configure dashboard — essentially a portal — for your community to easily find the resources they need.