October 30, 2020
By Dean Woodbeck
InCommon Director of Community Awareness
We’ve published the program for the InCommon/GÉANT CAMP, which will take place virtually Monday and Tuesday, November 16-17. The Advance CAMP (ACAMP) unconference will follow November 18-20. This is the program typically held at the Internet2 Technology Exchange (TechEx), which is not taking place in-person this year.
Here’s a link to the program, and a link to register.
The CAMP acronym means Campus Architecture and Middleware Planning. It is a series of track sessions that include case studies, organizations’ innovations in identity management, best practices, and other presentations that help move the community forward. We’re offering three tracks of sessions this year. Here are some of the highlights:
- An NIH panel to discuss how to become collaboration-ready with NIH services
- eduroam plans based on recent community feedback
- Updates from Shibboleth, Grouper, COmanage, and midPoint
- Progress in federated identity management with scholarly publishers
- Partnerships between IAM and the Registrar
- IdP as a Service Working Group findings and recommendations
- And a lot more
We’ve scheduled CAMP with U.S. and European time zones in mind (so it is early on the west coast and late in the day in Europe), so plan to bring the beverage appropriate to your time zone! CAMP will be 9:30 am – 2:30 pm ET on November 16-17, while the unconference ACAMP takes place 9:30 am – 2:30 pm ET on November 18-20.
I hope you can join us. If you have any questions, give me a shout.