services and community
InCommon Policies and Practices
Get the scoop on our official docs here.
The page below includes information on how we’re structured, what we do for each service, and the rules that we and our community follow to make this all work.
Reports to the Community
- 2021 InCommon Accomplishments report
- Executive Summary for 2021 InCommon Accomplishments Report
- 2020 InCommon Accomplishments report
- 2019 InCommon Accomplishments report (formerly Trust and Identity Accomplishments)
- 2018 Internet2 Trust and Identity Accomplishments report
- 2017 Internet2 Trust and Identity Accomplishments report
- 2016 Internet2 Trust and Identity Accomplishments
- 2015-2016 InCommon Report (pdf)
- InCommon Futures Report (pdf) – an historical (2009) strategic planning document.
- InCommon LLC Limited Liability Company Agreement (pdf)
- InCommon LLC Bylaws (pdf)
- InCommon Participation Agreement (pdf) (Review Copy)
- Federation Operating Policies and Practices (FOPP)
- Federation Attribute Overview
- InCommon Metadata Registration Practice Statement
- eduGAIN (International) Federation Policy Framework
- Baseline Expectations for Trust in Federation and Processes to Maintain Baseline Expectations
- Community Dispute Resolution Process
- InCommon Federation Software Guidelines
- Federation Security Incident Handling Practices and Reports
- InCommon Federation Participant Domain Use Policy
InCommon Certificate Service
- Certificate service legal addendum (pdf) (Review Copy)
- Find all official documents on the Certificate Service document repository page.
- eduroam Compliance Statement (pdf) This document, published by the global eduroam operator, GÉANT, outlines the minimum technical and organisational standards for roaming operators (RO) and roaming confederations (RC) in order to provide the global eduroam service.
- eduroam Acceptable Use Policy (pdf)
- eduroam Connector Agreement (pdf) (Review Copy)
- eduroam Terms of Service (pdf) Note: These Terms only apply to the Support Organization program and the SP-Only program, not to the entire eduroam service.
Community contributions and software development
- Internet2 Intellectual Property Policy governs the work the community does through Internet2 (and InCommon).
- Apache 2.0 License (standard) governs the use and reuse of the community’s software.
- Internet2 Intellectual Property Agreement is for those that are interested in contributing code or other high-value artifacts to our development and outreach teams.
TIER (Trust and Identity in Education and Research) Reports
Note – TIER is now the InCommon Trusted Access Platform
Other documents of interest
- Disaster Recovery: InCommon has a disaster recovery and business continuity plan that is available on an as-needed basis. Contact us through our Help webform for a copy.
- InCommon Identity Assurance Assessment Framework (pdf) and InCommon Identity Assurance Profiles (pdf) (i.e., Bronze and Silver). Now retired.