Learn the ins and outs of identity provisioning
midPoint Basics Workshop
midPoint, powered by Evolveum, is a general-purpose identity management and governance system used by the InCommon Trusted Access Platform for its ability to synchronize and reconcile among multiple systems of record and sources of identity, as well as to provision and de-provision user accounts and groups into services.
This virtual course is intended for identity management architects, identity management system engineers and deployment partners who will customize, deploy and support midPoint Identity Manager in a way that integrates with the InCommon Trusted Access Platform components.
You will learn:
- how to install and configure midPoint in a docker container
- the association between accounts and entitlements
- how to configure resources
- how to create organizational structures
- how to integrate Grouper with midPoint via messaging
- how to map & maintain role definitions in cooperation with Grouper
How the Workshop is Delivered
This workshop is designed to support live engagement with instructors and other participants, while still enabling students to complete self paced work and to practice new skills. Yes, it’s the best of both worlds!
- Sign into Canvas a week before the live classes begin
- Complete self-paced learning on midPoint Basics
- Test drive your new virtual machine that you’ll use throughout the class
- Join us for live classes (via Zoom) Monday – Thursday from 10 am – 4 pm ET
- Engage in conversation and ask questions in a dedicated Slack channel
- Sign in a week before class
- Keep the discussions going after class
- Keep on practicing in your VM for two weeks post-class.
|Collaboration Success Program Alumni||InCommon Participant||Non-Participant|
|Early Bird Rate*||$1,500||$1,800||$2,300|
*Early bird rates will be available until October 14, 2022
Preparing for the Workshop
Detailed preparation instructions will be available and distributed prior to the class.
- You will need to have either an RDP client (for Windows) or SSH client (for Linux), plus root access to modify your etc/host files, depending on your choice of operating system for this class.
- The training makes use of Virtual Machines (VMs), in this case derived from Amazon Marketplace Images (AMI) loaded on Amazon Web Services. The training team will provide access instructions when you arrive for the first day of the training.
- You will need root/administrator access on the computer you will be bringing to class so that you can modify the local hosts file.
- Your VM will be available during the training and for two weeks after the training. After two weeks, the VM will no longer exist, so be sure to save anything you need within two weeks of the end of the training.
This course progresses through 5 modules of content:
- Environment Introduction
- midPoint Introduction
- Integrating midPoint with Grouper
- midPoint Provisioning Concepts
- midPoint Synchronization Concepts
Payment, Cancellation and Refund Policy
All cancellations received on or before 11:59 PM EDT on Friday, October 21, 2022 are entitled to a full conference refund less a $20 administrative fee. There will be no refunds after this date. If you cancel after 11:59 PM EDT on Friday, October 21, 2022 and have not paid by any other means, your credit card will be charged the cost of the registration fee. If you cancel your registration after 11:59 PM EDT on Friday, October 21, 2022 you may name another person from your organization to take your place for meetings that allow transferred registrations. To cancel, transfer, or make changes to your registration, please contact email@example.com. Thank You.