InCommon Certificate Service
Certificate Service Support
Certificate Service support is split between InCommon and our partner, Sectigo. See the information below.
Help and resources from InCommon
InCommon can help with password resets and maintains a wiki with detailed technical information. For other help, scroll down to the Sectigo section.
- Password resets: If you are an RAO, your password expires and needs to be changed every 90 days. The Certificate Manager will let you know when it’s time for an update. If you are not in the CM regularly, we recommend you set a reminder on your calendar every 85 days or so to log in and update your password before it locks you out. If you are an RAO and get locked out or forget your password, drop us a note through our web form for a reset. If you are a DRAO, please contact one of your organization’s RAOs.
- Tired of password resets? Use your home institution credentials! If you have an Identity Provider in the InCommon Federation, you can use single-sign-on and multi-factor authentication to access the Sectigo Certificate Manager. See this wiki page for details.
- InCommon Certificate Service wiki: The Cert Service wiki has detailed technical information about the various types of certificates offered.
- Cert Users email list: InCommon maintains an email list, email@example.com, as a place for community members to share experiences, discuss possible system enhancements, and see how other campuses handle various issues and tasks. We encourage you to join this list!
Help from Sectigo
Sectigo, our partner in the Certificate Service, handles support related to issuing and deploying certificates, such as error messages in the Certificate Manager, delays in issuing certificates, setting up new departments, and what a DRAO can and cannot do.
- Sectigo Certificate Manager 21.11 UI Updates and Overview https://youtu.be/XNY2qLhX4_g
- Certificate Service technical guides: Sectigo maintains a detailed set of guides for the Cert service.
- Delays in issuing certificates and requests for expedited service – If you experience significant SSL certificate issuance delays or your request needs to be expedited, please file a ticket with Sectigo. You will need to provide your order number.
- Extended Validation (EV) Certificate delays and requests for expedited service: If you experience delays with EV certs (beyond 24 hours) or your request needs to be expedited, please submit a ticket or call 888-266-6361 (choose option 2, then option 2 when prompted) (M-F, 8am-8pm ET). You will need to have your order number available.
- Certificate Manager (CM) interface support: If the technical guides above don’t answer your question, submit a ticket or try telephone support, available M-F 8am-8pm ET. The caller must be listed as an RAO or DRAO for InCommon services. Call (888) 256-2608. Select Option 2 – Enterprise Solutions Support, then select Option 3 – Certificate Manager or Digital Certificate Support.
- API support: Sectigo provides multiple guides for supporting API’s into the Certificate Manager.
If you feel your issues have not been addressed by any of these options, please email us!