Join InCommon

Eligibility as an InCommon Research Organization

A Research Organization is defined in InCommon Policy as a lab, facility, or center related to a particular federal research agency and listed on an official publicly available government listing. Not sure if you’re eligible? Send us a note!

Supporting documentation

  1. Provide evidence of being operated and/or funded by a federal research agency (e.g., listing on an official publicly available government listing)
  2. Provide documentation of your FTE count (e.g., a URL, a page from an annual report, or a letter/email assertion) in order to determine your annual fees.
  3. Send your materials to
  4. Don’t forget to go back to step 2 in the Join process to sign the agreement, etc.!


Research Organizations are able to sponsor their partners into the federation under the Sponsored Partner category.