Estimated reading time: 2 minutes
June 30, 2020
The InCommon Shibboleth workshop has gone virtual! Join us Tuesday through Friday, September 15-18, 2020, to learn how to install and configure the Shibboleth Identity Provider and Service Provider. Register by August 21, 2020, to take advantage of early-bird rates. Registration is open on the website, and course details are also available.
This will be synchronous virtual training held between 1:00 – 5:00 ET each day. We’ll open access to the class through our learning management system on September 8, allowing ample time for you to complete the required self-paced learning modules prior to the start of the class.
This workshop will use the InCommon Trusted Access Platform packaged version of Shibboleth, including installation, configuration, and integrating with the InCommon Federation. While we are using the containerized version of the software (in Docker), work will be done in a VM, so you don’t need to know about containers.
Here is what you can expect:
- A directed self-paced workshop, balanced over the course of four afternoons
- Required online prerequisite work will be available one week prior to the class start
- Hands-on installation of the Identity Provider and Service Provider software
- Experienced trainers providing overviews and one-to-one help
- Discussions on configuration and suggested practices for federation
- An overview of the Docker containerized software and a DevOps approach to streamline your workload
The workshops will offer the chance to:
- Install a prototype Shibboleth Identity Provider and Service Provider in a virtual machine environment
- Gain experience with the Docker container version of the Shibboleth IdP
- Discuss how to configure and run the software in production
- Hear about integrating Shibboleth with other identity management components
Knowledge of identity management concepts and related implementation experience is strongly recommended. To learn more about Shibboleth, see the Shibboleth wiki (wiki.shibboleth.net).