February 17, 2021
“In some ways we can all be glad 2020 is history. Yet circumstances forced organizations to take a hard look at what was done yesterday, how to adapt to the present, and work to stay relevant for tomorrow.”
So starts the executive summary of the 2020 InCommon Accomplishments Report, which documents the community’s efforts and progress over the past year. Some of the highlights include:
- 44% increase in adoption of the Research and Scholarship program, simplifying access to services, data, and collaboration for faculty and researchers.
- 28% increase in attendance at key community gatherings BaseCAMP and CAMP/Advance CAMP.
- A new program to provide more-rapid eduroam deployment for K-12, libraries, museums, and other non-profits.
- Expansion of training workshops for the four main components of the InCommon Trusted Access Platform suite of community-built software.
The report provides a look at the accomplishments in these areas:
- InCommon Academy
- InCommon Certificate Service
- InCommon Federation
- InCommon Trusted Access Platform
- eduroam (U.S.)
- Community engagement and working group recommendations
Take a look! None of this would happen without a community dedicated to working together.